Sunday, November 29

a polaroid crush




Little surprises ~ my grandpop gave me two polaroid cameras he had stashed away from who knows when...and...they had film in them. The film may be 20 years old, but it takes great photos. This is the first photo that camera has taken in ages and ages. You can see I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I have lots of thought going into the remaining film, for I don't know how much is left.

Now, I do already have a polaroid camera, and film (newly bought but expired in june, the last printing), but PopPop's film is really different. Really special. Its old filmy soul has imbibed family vibes, has sat around and absorbed family change, celebrations, relations. I'd love to know what the last picture the camera took was - what the last picture before this was ~ 5 or 10 or 20 years ago, or however long.

I'm so happy to have it ~ sometimes little serendipities really give a great cheek pinch.





*