Monday, November 16

waiting for a birthday week

waiting...
...just waiting...
...we're waiting for Tim to turn 30. (yep, some more writing, same day.) i wanted to mention that tomorrow is Tim's birthday. his 30th birthday. kind of a big deal. i turned 32 a month ago, and i'm hoping someday he'll catch up. so, tonight we celebrated his birthday eve. (pre-birthday eve?) birthdays last a while around here: they start revving up sometime in the week before, when the birthdayee realizes "hey! this is my birthday week!" (we're deliberately vague about whether "the birthday week" is the week before, or after...or both...) a birthday week gives the birthdayee certain privileges, such as saying, "i don't feel like driving: can you drive? it's my birthday week," or "i'd love a cup of tea, and since it's my birthday week, can you make it for me?" and "can you scratch my back, it's my birthday week?" and other nonsenses that may or not get a laugh, and usually get done for the birthdayee. (and since it's only me around here, and i had my birthday week last month, Tim's really getting his mileage out of this one already! i'm pretty sure that during my week of requests he stores away ideas of getting me back.) 

and Birthday itself is special: anything goes. Tim is waiting for inspiration to strike in the morning: he's got "going hiking" as a tentative plan, but who knows? tommorrow may bring as yet unknown direction. tonight he cooked some of his famous chicken fingers which get eaten with straight honey (and some gourmet mustard if wished.) delicious. also on the menu were our first attempts at potatoes au gratin...
...then we settled in for a bit of a movie...
:: and now it's really way past shut-eye time. i'm off to bed and wondering what the morrow will bring. ::