Thursday, March 4

Sit. Sip. Breathe. Pause. Think.



Japanese Tea Garden, Golden Gate Park


Drinking Darjeeling tea while going through some of my photos.

I'm noticing differences between being away on my trip and being at home.  I feel more hurried here, my pace quickens. On my trip, I breathed deep at changes and took one moment at a time. I was so aware each moment of how I felt, what I needed, and where I was. I want to keep that mentality here at home.

Mum and I spent a lot of time while driving listening to this cd. I also read some of the Tao Te Ching and found it so encouraging for dealing with changes, the unexpected, and for being more present with what was happening, not what I wished were happening.

Chinatown, San Francisco





idea for above as seen here
 

Japanese Tea Garden