Thursday, May 13

the midas touch


I am so happy to have added 7 more prints of my Polaroids to my shop!

Presently reading Absence and Presence, by Pablo Neruda and Luis Poirot, (thanks, maddie) in tandem with A New Kind of Country, by Dorothy Gilman. Both are so good I'm tempted to sit in a hot bath and read them, one after the other, until I am wrinkled like an autumn pepper. The temperature has dropped here the last few days and our hours are chilly!

On our latest sunny day, Tim built a rope trellis for our hops vines over the back porch in order to throw the hot afternoon chairs into some shade. Little hops are growing already and in preparation for his brother's eventual homebrew, Tim has been sipping Midas Touch, a beer made from ~ "an ancient Turkish recipe using the original ingredients from the 2700 year old drinking vessels discovered in the tomb of King Midas." Really.

And the most wonderful thing happened yesterday. I came across a new-to-me blog, Mocking Bird, and discovered a tutorial for how to apply a gel filter to my Polaroid film. I ordered some on ebay ~ now, perhaps, the overexposure I've been working with will be resolved. So sweet. I do hope this works.

Hope you're enjoying your week too. :)