Friday, July 2

balance and bliss


Her hair, her clothes; perpetually windtorn, wildflower colors, orange and yellow and polka-dotted and floral-patterned.

~ Chocolat, the book

I spent all day running so many errands, fortified with a book on cd and a big bottle of water. Catching up on all the ephemera that makes up gentle days ~ cereal, dog food, portabello raviolis, library returns, bulk spinach for smoothies, Dr. Bronner's, teapot purchase, thrift shop pop-in, lemon sorbet...

I'm curious ~ when you have a day full of errands, what "precautions" do you take to make sure you get through with energy to spare? I usually come home burnt out, but today, I drank a ton of water, and had a very specific list of where to go, in what order, and what to buy. And I stuck to it.

Surprisingly the day went well; I didn't get sidetracked and so had energy left to putter in the garden all evening, dreaming and digging and replanting. Watering, especially, and hoping small herbs and additions will grow huge to fill in empty spaces. I cannot wait for 2 or 3 days of steady rain, whenever that might choose to occur. Myself and the hose just don't do a proper stand-in for Mother Nature.

Enjoy your weekend, wherever you are and whatever you're doing.