Tuesday, June 21

we had a solstice wedding four years ago today

solstice wedding


tim brought me yellow roses, my favorite, that morning
so I carried them as my bouquet
the solstice was happening at 6:06 pm
so we had the ceremony at that time


wedding afternoon




solstice wedding



we had a wonderful bluegrass band
and they learned our favorite music, tweaking it bluegrass style ~
neil young, jim james, jimi hendrix, bob dylan
we walked up the grassy aisle hand in hand
to my morning jacket's "just one thing"


solstice wedding


donovan carried the rings on his collar and ran up the aisle,
saying hello to all his people friends on the way


solstice wedding



we had the sweetest officiant and she blessed the rings
I love that she wore purple
when I was saying my vows I got choked up
and couldn't speak, and she kept whispering
the next line in my ear

that is a temporary tattoo on tim's arm
that he had from the music festival he attended
for the entire week before

neither of us saw the other's ring
until we put it on their finger


solstice wedding


a lot of us were barefoot
I wore pants because I like pants best
and I've never dreamed of a wedding dress
the top was from Anthropologie
the earrings were borrowed and blue
I forget what the "old" thing was


solstice wedding



solstice wedding



solstice wedding


we were married in a tree park and took a short stroll
right after the ceremony to be alone and gloat


solstice wedding




happy solstice to you and your loved ones




xo  brooke






photos mostly by my mom and my cousin leah