Friday, July 1

home things (work things?)



books to alter


studio




studio




studio




studio




studio




studio





I have a feeling that my plans for today might not be the ones I originally sought. I had thought I might go downtown to see the mummies exhibit but am feeling a burst of energy for home things. Our dutch oven needs a cleaning, books are in the middle of their altering, such an awkward stage for them, the basil seeds still need to be planted.


I've had a few questions about the rustic strawberry tart I made ~ it's something I made after seeing one at the coffeeshop going for $4.25 a slice. I refused to pay that and when I came home, rolled up my sleeves and tackled the dilemma. It was easy! Roll out a whole wheat piecrust (my recipe here), slice fresh strawberries (or peaches, blueberries, raspberries, etc) and layer on in the center with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste, and drape extra edges up and over. There should be no holes or the juice will leak out. Bake (I use stoneware, thrifted of course) at around 400* F until it smells good and looks done.


Might I beg you to take a surplus kombucha scoby? Kombucha is a fermented detoxifying tea which I make at home. I can include directions on how to make it. Send your address to me at flypeterfly AT hotmail DOT com, and I will be happy to send one to you!


Enjoy your weekend, and the holiday! Have any fun plans?





*