Thursday, August 11

stars, loons and back-diving off the canoe

tim throws sandballs

sand


Yesterday at the beach I continued a photo theme that I started two years ago in colorado ~



tim throws snowballs


snow



Don't ask me why. It makes me happy. I'll see what I can rustle up to throw this week at the lake.



Things have been pleasantly hectic (I like that word) around here lately as we prepare to go to ontario for a week's vacation. This trip has been long in the works, and I'm very excited. I could write a book about my experiences in canada ~ as a child, a teenager, on road trips, with friends, with tim. It holds a special place for me. But I don't have time today to speak of it.


Suffice it to say there will be stars, loons, painted turtles, chipmunks and local ice cream. We have to bring our own water to drink and I hope our cell phones don't work. The dogs are coming. I plan on back-diving off the canoe in the middle of the lake.


Do you have any special spots you return to year after year?


xo brooke




*