Saturday, October 22

morning hike with invisible bears


california, on highway 1

sx-70 polaroid land camera, polaroid 600 expired film




The sun on the sea, and jen pulling the car over so that I could climb a hill to take a polaroid far enough above the ocean for it to fill the frame. We had just come from camping ~ the morning before I had gotten up and walked in the rain, passing a sign that said a mother bear with cubs had been spotted nearby in july. My glasses kept fogging up and I finally turned back from climbing higher, just in case. Little birds flew through the wild anise studded with raindrops. When I turned back I saw the sea beneath me, shining in the cup of the mountains.





this and following: canon, 50mm lens, kodak gold 200 film


sunset









*







*taken by jen