Saturday, January 21

just about to make an omelette




I had plans this morning. But there is ice all over the car. I gave up all my plans. I built up the fire.



a gaggle of cacti



The honey is softening by the gleaming stove, the birds are scattering on the snow outside searching for seed, and the cat is winding her warm way around my shins while the dogs give me plaintive eyes pushing for their breakfast. I brought my work down to the quiet table in front of the wood stove where the light comes in reflecting off the sky. I like working through the weekend. In a pinch I can take a break to make pancakes, or crack my newly-covered moleskine and write down something that seems very important, or read a few pages of a book.




The best parts of working and the weekend.


xo brooke





*