Sunday, January 29

a little film goes a long way













35mm film shots from the past month or so. The top photo is one I took in the thrift shop mirror as I was testing the camera before I purchased it. The middle, from one of my friend somer's visits. And, mimi wasn't supposed to be in that last shot, but she follows me around whenever I seem to be doing something interesting. I found a storm-downed, beautiful tier of last year's wasp's nest on the grass during my walk the other day, and carried it for a while until I realized it still had three sluggish yellowjackets in it. So I just took a piece. Not sure why the wasps were still there ~ only the queen survives this season. It's been so balmy lately I suppose they just kept going, even as the paper nest sloughed away around them in the winter rains.





*