Monday, April 30

camping at 30 weeks

mt. palomar
mt. palomar
canon camera, kodak 400 film



squirrel-proof
squirrel-proof
canon camera, kodak 400 film



Untitled
canon camera, kodak 400 film
taken by tim



30 weeks
canon camera, kodak 400 film
taken by tim





san mateo campground
san mateo campground
canon camera, kodak 400 film
taken by tim



The only time it was tricky while camping 30 weeks pregnant was at night, when my hips hurt as I flipped from side to side on my awesome little mat. We went to bed early, as we always do camping, and awoke (well, I awoke a lot more than that) when the tent glowing with morning sun and we could hear the birds again. The solitude, fresh air, picnicking, exploring and good companionship more than made up for the little hip issue. Tim was mightily impressed with how agiley I scooted in and out of the tent. I was appreciative that he took over all setting-up-and-taking-down tent duties (usually my thing) while I would go about laying out our meals on the picnic tables.


On our first night in california we had stayed with a dear friend who sent us off the next day with a full picnic basket ~ including a cotton tablecloth, cloth napkins and beautiful cups and plates. Each night we spread a feast with these things, and we brought them all home to use in our future camping forays, imbued with great memories.






*