Friday, April 27

polaroid polar bears


my favorite polaroid from the trip.
polar bear, san diego
sx-70, polaroid 600 expired film


One morning we went to the san diego zoo, of which I had heard many accolades (I'm not much of a zoo person.) The polar bears captured my fancy as always. Their jumping, frolicking and playing only a few feet away on the other side of the glass was awe-inspiring. Do you see the carrot on the bottom left? At times the water was sprinkled with minced, chewed carrot bits.


Untitled
sx-70, polaroid 600 expired film


I brought only my sx-70 polaroid camera and a 35mm film camera. My photography last week seemed so much simpler and richer and deliberate because of it. We're busy gently packing now for our move on tuesday, but I will drop the film off soon (3 rolls, I think?) and can't wait to see what I captured. I also have lots of stories to share.



Untitled
sx-70, polaroid 600 expired film


I've taken all the framed works and sculptures off of our walls, spackling holes as I go, and everything seems so clean and bright. I generally enjoy the first days home after traveling ~ touching and caring for all our things again, getting back into rhythm. The scent of fresh laundry and the tidiness of our possessions going neatly into stacked boxes to the tune of our most recent netflix, Rear Window.


xo brooke




*