Saturday, May 12

a hundred little things to do

breakfast
breakfast


Untitled



Untitled



So much got done yesterday. I am so tired, as I've been the past few days. So much more to do as I get my transfered garden plants safely in the ground and watered, and the garden beds are built by my mom while I finish up a hundred little things inside. Still getting used to the tempo of this house. Writing lists of things we need as we go ~ planning for a mother's day picnic here, and for a baby shower here in a week. It is good, as long as I go slow.


I love our mailbox with its little red flag, like the one I grew up with, telling us the mail is here. Receiving mail at our new address feels like such a luxury. 


We met one of our nice neighbors, who told us about the resident bear. 'Bring the suet inside at night,' he said.


I still see salamanders everywhere.


We are gleaning rocks from the woods to edge the flowerbeds.


Four-leaf clovers keep catching my eye.


I lined the kitchen drawers in vintage linen today.


And planted nasturtium seeds in the whisky barrel on the porch.


xo brooke






*