Thursday, July 12

the nicenessess of summer

finally, cherries



Finally, the cherries are here at the farm stands.


Untitled




csa goodies



Our csa share is so profusive that we are splitting it each week with friends.


Untitled



Since this day, tim has made 54 cappuccinos. And drunk everyone himself; if I had caffeine at this point (it has been so long) I think I would be sick. He says the machine has definitely paid for itself by now. It's such a luscious ritual to watch.


2 weeks postpartum


Two weeks post-partum and the weight is melting off. I've never been what you might call a dainty girl and wasn't concerned about having a little extra motherly curve to support the breastfeeding. I've been happily hungry and eating well (I cut out dairy since it seemed to upset his digestion). When the midwife stopped by today for Cedar's 2-week wellness check, he weighed in at 10 pounds. He has gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks! I thought he was growing right before my eyes and yes, he was! So I need  to try eating yet a little more to keep up with it (yeah, twist my arm). Hello, bacon.


My mind is at peace; my baby is healthy. The fridge is full of good food. Tim is home. Family is coming over tonight and bringing dinner. The breeze is cool and the sun mild.

xo brooke





*