Wednesday, August 29

blooming glen farm

Untitled



pick-your-own, the delight of my week



Untitled



Untitled



the tomatoes go for ages



Untitled



Untitled




Our farm-share is one of the delights of my week. On tuesdays we go and pick up our veggies for the week and the pick-your-own crops (like strawberries, snap peas and mini tomatoes) and I lose myself in the flower field for a little while.


Next year I hope to have a larger veggie garden than we presently do and am saving seeds for it. I also have plans for a portion of our huge forsythia bushes to turn into a flower garden and have been cutting them out piecemeal when I have a portion of time while Tim watches Cedar, uncovering more huge boulders like whales breaching across the ground and slowly hatching in my mind where I will lay the stone path and what herbs I will grow among them, and what plants I want to put there in order to draw in the hummingbirds and butterflies. I need to think a little bigger than I ever have since we don't plan to move again, ever. It's exciting stuff to think on when I walk Cedar to sleep each evening and gaze out the window at the present tangle.





*