Wednesday, August 8

full living

Mornings.
Cedar, 6 weeks
compare to him here


Untitled



His daily dirt snack.



Untitled




Untitled



Untitled


Yesterday I went alone to the lake. Leaving Cedar behind gave me the feeling that I had forgotten something; like going out without my purse. The sailboats tethered to the docks chimed like bells along the water, and someone was listening to opera on the grassy shore. It was a lovely, if warm, walk.


In the mornings I wear him in the Moby wrap if he's into it. I catch myself feeling urgently that I want to get things done, and I've been rethinking that phrase. It's not that I want to get things done, it's more that I want to live the events and purposes and whys and wherefores around me, because they are what give depth and satisfaction to my life. I love laying in bed at night and running my mind over the fullness of my day, tallying up the little accomplishments ~ hard-boiled the eggs, weeded, found big yellow squash babies, made chicken stock, went out for sandwiches, received letter, washed diapers, bought peaches, saw 4-hummingbird battle. It's full living.

xo Brooke




*