Wednesday, October 17

day by day

Untitled
sx-70 camera, polaroid 600 expired film


He's getting cuter and super smiley. Very comfortably chatty as well.


I'm starting to move him out of our bed into his own at night, next to ours.
Sometimes I don't because I miss him when he's not there.
But then I have a night when he wakes every 90 minutes and wants to nurse (since I'm right there) and I vow to make it happen. (90 minute naps all night make me dream awful dreams like getting mugged or held up at knifepoint...!)


Untitled


Untitled


I've discovered the charming illustrations of Taro Gomi.


Untitled


And bought a beautiful green lambswool woven rug at our last local farmer's market of the year (on a freezing cold day with Cedar nestled warm under my sweater and a little box of salty potato fries and a apple-fennel salad in my hand, as I wandered buying citrus honey soap and russian kale), and put it in Cedar's room, which finally looks clear and inviting and is so cold right now we have to turn on the space heater each morning so he can nap comfortably later on.


Untitled


We got a baby monitor and that thing is a soul-saver.


Untitled


I've been puttering in the studio once more, just letting my mind roam. Getting my own back. Framing some of my favorite drawings and polaroids so they can enter our house. I've never been one for having my own work so much around, since I get my fill of it so deeply when I make it, but lately since the move we've had people over often asking about my work ~ it's nice to have a few walls full of it now to show.


Untitled


The nasturtiums are still bravely blooming even after the nights in the 30's.


I love getting packages in the mail. We get a lot these days as I'm ordering more online, living here in the back of beyond.


Each week we discover a new thing that helps us put another root down to this area. It has room to grow. My heart stops when I see the hot-air balloons over the hills.


For my birthday Tim gifted me a silver-and-opal ring. It's good luck to wear opals, my birthstone, and I feel like I'm wearing a piece of the moon.




*