Thursday, January 31

the baby's asleep and the time is ours

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


These are some recentish polaroids of Cedar (and friends). I am getting to the last few boxes of my polaroid 600 stash and need to stock up with some Impossible Project film soon. Polaroids are so exciting I can't stand to not have my camera filled and ready to go at all times.


This fall I went to a barn sale down the road and they had a mint condition polaroid camera ~ the kind that opens out like an accordion and uses peel-apart film. I didn't get it but I'm thinking of stopping by there and asking if they still have it. Perhaps this weekend.


The wind is blowing mightily as it has been doing all day. Tonight is my night "off" where Tim attends Cedar if he awakens and I meet dreamland in the spare room, in peace and quiet. Oh so neccessary for both of us to have that time off.


I just put Cedar to bed. His body knows it's 6:00 and he wants to go to bed, thank you very much! No more playing, singing or squeezing. I hop to it. Fresh flannel pants, a cotton top and warm little socks for his impossibly marshmallowish feet. Nursing in bed with lights out. Then a cotton blanket laid on him and he goes into his own bed. Downstairs the fire is roaring and the dogs are sleepy. Tim ran out to our local handmade ice creamery to bring home dessert.


He should be back anytime now.

xo Brooke




*