Saturday, October 5

















We've been so busy doing daily stuff. Sometimes it's so tiring, because you don't get a break to recharge, you know? It's just constant on the move and things falling to pieces all around, let alone a bad mood day where I have to hold it all together on my part but Cedar can still tell, so I have to figure out ways to shift my attitude. Today I succeded in doing that after an awful morning by buying tiny colorful gourds at our local egg farm. And bananas on sale, 33 cents/lb, for banana bread. Milk for cornbread.

Some days life has so much meaning and there is so much to enjoy. And others, like today, are a struggle to complete. A fight to the finish, and I can't figure it out any other way.

I've been trying to stay off the computer too; it eats up time, compressing it. I feel irritated and hurried when I'm online too much.

Otherwise, things are good! I put up a clothesline outside and hanging the clothes is calming ~ doing that chore outside under the pines is really nice. Cedar organizing the clothespins. We've also been doing a lot of sand and water play. After breakfast in fact we are pretty much outdoors till his afternoon nap and often after lunch as well. Soaking it up before it becomes too cold for bare arms.

Suddenly it is fall. The leaves have turned and the woods are full of movement as they fall. Stinkbugs are trying to get in through all the windows. The tomatoes are ripe on dying stems.

Yesterday I went for a little hike and the boulders were all frosted with a coating of yellow curling leaves. Rhythmic thumps from falling branches and green walnuts sounded like bears passing. Pileated woodpeckers called with their eerie cries, the loons of the trees.