Tuesday, April 22

the front sandbox


One rainy day a couple of weeks ago I enlarged the front sandbox and edged it with rocks. I wanted to incorporate a large slab of rock into it that rose up out of the earth, like a gently sloping beach. We can see this 'box' (as Cedar calls it) from the kitchen window and sometimes he's out there before I even get any breakfast made. His favorite tool to date is the metal spatula that we use to flip the pancakes. Tim would like it back but I'm not sure that's going to happen anytime soon!



On these gorgeous crisp days I've been clearing, building and cutting brush. The yard is coming together wonderfully and I've also given myself carpel tunnel in my arms. It's so hard to hold back but I've been trying to slow down a bit and not do things in one go.