Monday, April 21

the labyrinth



I've been collecting all the old mossy bricks on our property and intend to sink them into the lawn so we can mow over this labyrinth. It's going to be a slow process.





I don't know if you've ever walked a labyrinth but if you have the opportunity to do so, I've found it is an enlightening experience.




It's a metaphor for life. The entrance is also the exit. There is only one path so you cannot get lost, even though it may feel like you are. The point seems to be to get to the center and it can be exasperating winding around and around to get there. Upon arriving in the middle, you look back over the path and you realize the journey is what it is all about. Every step takes you one step further on your path. Even when you are unsure about what is coming next, you are always in just the right place.

I love walking in labyrinths. It makes me thrill with discovery.